Scott Gellatly

blog

Friday, October 9, 2015

Sneak Peek for my November 2015 exhibition at Brian Marki Fine Art, Portland


This year's exhibition, Native Shores and Distant Sands, at Brian Marki Fine Art includes a collection of plein air paintings created throughout the year, as well as five larger studio paintings. What's unique about this show is that I've included a number of paintings done during, and in response to, my travels down to the Palm Springs area, where Brian now has his second gallery.

Exploring the contrasting landscapes of the Pacific Northwest and the American Southwest has always resonated with me, artistically. This was the subject of my exhibition, also at Brian Marki Fine Art, in 2009. Fortunately, my frequent work-related travels down to Southern California, Arizona and New Mexico allows for some time to paint the area's exposed terrain, unique light and color palette.

Show runs November 2 - 30th. Opening reception on Friday, November 6th, 5 - 8pm.


Top image: Wetland in Spring, oil on panel, 9" x 15"
Bottom image: Aconto, oil on panel, 12" x 12"