Scott Gellatly

blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

Rural-Urban Exhibition Opens at Brian Marki Fine Art

Photo by Dave Burbach

Thanks to everyone who came out to the opening reception of ruralurban, my latest exhibition of oil paintings at Brian Marki Fine Art.  I greatly appreciate all of the support and kind comments about my work.

The twenty plus paintings in the show were created throughout 2012 and were delivered to the gallery in stages.  I feel like I'm seeing the work for the first time myself when I finally get to view the work installed in the gallery...so nice to simply drop off the work and leave the rest to the pro's!

Brian Marki and I have been working together long enough (about 12 years, to be exact) that we are aligned on the presentation aesthetics for my work.  The paintings are framed in a simple, contemporary molding that  in no way competes with the painted image.  In addition, I've always appreciated the manner in which Brian hangs the work in the gallery - letting each painting have plenty of breathing room to let the viewer see each piece individually.

Below are a couple shots of the exhibition...



Show runs through December 29th.

Hope you can make it!

Cheers,
SG